Ten dollars doesn’t stretch as far as it used to. But then again, spent the right way, $10 can make all the difference in the world. Here’s an example:
For $10 per month, you can become a member of Insider Louisville and support our critical mission to bring more high-quality, sustainable local journalism to the community. This mission is crucial in a time when newsrooms are shrinking and media companies try desperately to garner clicks in numbers that will satisfy their advertisers.
Insider Louisville wants to retain the investigative reports and cultural coverage that embodies what journalism should be. Your $10 per month can help do that.
Other things $10 a month can get you but that don’t have the same impact:
- A monthly Netflix subscription
- Coffee for the week (or, daily, if a large half-caf non-fat caramel macchiato is your poison)
- A ticket to a Louisville Bats game
- Lunch from a food truck lunch on 5th Street
- A beer at a concert or ballgame
- A $2 Trifecta box (actually $12, but you get the idea)
- Just over two gallons of gas
- A movie ticket
- A service that’ll send anyone in the world a potato with a message of your choice on it. (It’s a thing, Google it.)
Help Insider Louisville continue our work
NOW is the time to become a member and back our efforts to consistently deliver the community news you crave and need to push Louisville forward. Joining today at $10 per month or $100 per year will strengthen YOUR community newsroom at Insider Louisville.
With membership, you will get early invites to all of Insider Louisville’s events: monthly meetups, symposiums, pop-up events, and opportunities to interact with our reporting staff.