Holly Hill Inn chef Ouita Michel will host the restaurant’s first-ever Bastille Day Supper on July 14 at 5:30 p.m.
According to a news release, the Bastille Day Supper honors the influence the French Revolution had on the modern restaurant.
“The French Revolution changed everything,” said Michel, who co-owns Holly Hill in Midway, Ky., with husband, Chris. “It gave birth to the modern restaurant, including the written menu. It altered the number and times of meals. It fundamentally revolutionized the structure of eating.”
Michel researched Parisian restaurant recipes in creating her own menu, which will draw from local, seasonal ingredients.
Cost for the dinner is $50; $85 if paired with French wines.
Reservations (with credit card number) required, beginning at 5:30 p.m. Please call Donna at (859) 846-4732.
Bastille Day menu:
- Hors d’oeuvre: summer melon with shaved ham; cake au olives; salads Assiette: Lentil salad with bacon, mustard and walnuts; carrots with lemon and cumin; marinated summer peppers; marinated mushrooms
- Poisson: Coquilles Saint Jacque vinaigrette (seared sea scallops with fresh chive, tarragon and parsley, with extra virgin olive oil and a hint of sherry vinegar)
- Soup: Crème de mais aux champignons (cream of corn soup with wild mushrooms)
- Entrée: gigot d’agneau Basquaise (Eileen’s local leg of lamb rubbed in yogurt and spices, roasted and carved) and eggplant gratin (sautéed eggplant layered with fresh tomato sauce, basil, cheese and a custard top)
- Fromage: local cheeses from Mattingly’s Farmhouse Cheeses, Capriole and Boone Creek Creamery
- Dessert: gratin aux cerises et aux amandes (cherry and almond gratin)
Holly Hill Inn is located at 426 North Winter Street in historic Midway. For directions, visit its website.