Thanks for playing Know Your City! Let’s review the questions.
- What’s is a Red Bike Moment?
- Thornbury’s Toys was a staple on Shelbyville Road since 1960. Who was the company’s mascot and what was special about him?
- This theater, located on Lexington Road, is remembered by many for its 24-year run of the “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.” What is the name of the theater?
And here are the answers:
- The red bike featured in a transformative moment in Muhammad’s life. Ali’s red bike was stolen when he was 12. He talked to Sergeant Joe Martin, a Louisville cop and said he was going to beat the person up who took it. Martin told Ali that he’d have to learn to fight first, which is what got the world renowned boxer into the ring for the first time.
- Thorny the monkey—Thorny pedaled his bike atop the St. Matthews store.
- The 800-seat Vogue Theater opened on December 22, 1939 and closed in September 1998, after nearly sixty years as a movie house.
Thanks for playing Know Your City AND for reading Louisville Future!