Thanks for playing Know Your City! Let’s review the questions.
- If you like to hike, you might be familiar with Jefferson Memorial Forest. What is unique about it?
- Cave Hill Cemetery is unique for a lot of reasons, but visitors can also buy a certain food product there. What is it?
- Who was the first woman (and the only one to date) to hold the office of governor in Kentucky?
And here are the answers:
- At 6,500 acres, Jefferson Memorial Forest is the largest municipal urban forest in the United States.
- In 2018, Cave Hill sold about 1,500 to 2,000 jars of the honey harvested and bottled privately by Rodolfo Bernal. a beekeeper who brought in swarm boxes several years ago. One of his most memorable placements was at the grave of Muhammad Ali, where he thought it was entirely appropriate. Lonnie Ali loved it but the cemetery asked him to move it.
- Martha Layne Collins–Serving as governor from 1983 to 1987, Collins successfully used economic incentives to bring a Toyota manufacturing plant to Georgetown, Kentucky in 1986.